Visitor or tourist visa
Nationals of the following countries require a visa to enter Haiti.
- Dominican Republic
Individuals requiring a visa must apply at least one (1) month before their date of departure and provide the following supporting documents:
- Duly completed and signed Application Form;
- Two (2) passport-sized color photos;
- Letter explaining the reason and length of stay, as well as providing references in Haiti;
- Name, address, and telephone number of the hotel or hotels where the applicant will be staying; or alternatively, the name, address, and telephone number of the friend or friends with whom the applicant will be staying;
- Valid passport;
- Photocopy of round-trip booking confirmation or ticket; and
- Letter from the applicant’s current employer.
The fee for a visitor or tourist visa is US $25.00. This type of visa is valid for three (3) months with only one entry into the country. The fee must be paid with a money order, certified check or cashier’s check made out to the Embassy of Haiti.
Requirements for Nationals Not Requiring a Visa
Nationals of all other countries should only submit to Haitian immigration their passport, which should be valid for at least six (6) months.
All Foreign passport holders travelling to Haiti must pay a tourist fee set at $10.00 at the airport.
Diplomatic and official visas
Diplomatic and official visas are issued on diplomatic or official passports and on United Nations Laissez-Passer, at the request of the institution for which the applicant works.
The following documents are required for the issuance of the visa:
- Letter from the institution
- Valid passport
- Two (2) passport-sized color photos
Immigrant or residence visas
Immigrant or residence visas confers the right to permanent residence in Haiti without prejudice to deportation (see Article 15 of the Law on Immigration and Emigration).The application form for an immigrant visa must be submitted in three (3) copies and include the following information:
- The name(s) of the applicant;
- The date and place of birth;
- Applicant’s current nationality and nationality of origin;
- His or her present profession or occupation, and in the past ten (10) years;
- Applicant’s current address;
- The name(s), current nationality and nationality of origin of applicant’s father and mother;
- If the person is married, name(s), occupation and nationality of the spouse before marriage;
- The reasons why the applicant wants to go to Haiti and the length of stay in Haiti;
- Applicant’s proof of income and bank statements;
- Applicant’s diplomas or certificates of technical knowledge along with an employment contract;
- Information on the people in Haiti whom the applicant knows and for how long, and also the associations to which the applicant is or was a party; and
- Also provide any other useful information.
In addition, to the above information, the applicant must also provide the following supporting documentation:
- Six (6) passport-sized color photos of the applicant and family members who will accompany the applicant to Haiti.
- A certificate from legal authorities in the applicant’s place of residence stating that during the past ten (10) years, the applicant has not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor offense.
- A health certificate, issued within fifteen (15) days prior to the visa application.
Once the duly completed residence application has been submitted to the Consulate or Embassy, the applicant must wait for a notice of approval from the diplomatic or consular agent before traveling to Haiti.
No application for permanent residence made from within the Haitian territory will be taken into consideration.
Foreign nationals wishing to extend their stay in Haiti beyond 90 days must be issued a permit with the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
- Be deposited for this purpose:
- The request letter Residence permit addressed to the Directorate of the Immigration and Emigration (DIE)
- The letter from the applicant’s employment
- A photocopy of the biographical page of the passport of the applicant
- The address and telephone number of the applicant
- A medical certificate is older than 30 days
- Two (2) passport photos in color
- The photocopy of the landing at the last entry into the country
- A photocopy of the birth certificate and its translation into French
- A bank statement from a bank serving in Haiti with a minimum deposit of Seven Thousand Five Hundred (7,500.00) gourdes
- A criminal record
- The sum of Five thousand gourdes (Gdes 5.000.00) payable by check to the Treasury Department.