Transporting Human Remains from the United States to Haiti General Requirements and Procedure
To transport human remains from the United States to Haiti, the individual must have a death certificate issued by a Haitian consul. To obtain a death certificate, please visit the Embassy of Haiti with the proper documentation.
You will need to provide the following information:
- A burial permit
- One certified copy of death certificate
- Photo copy of funeral home registration from the Department of Health and copy of embalmer’s license
- Photo copy of complete funeral bill
- Letter of non-contagious disease from County Health Office, signed, notarized and authenticated
- Letter of embalming on funeral home letterhead, signed notarized and authenticated.
- Passport of deceased (the passport need not be current for the decedent to be transported)
- Sealer casket
- Wood base air tray are acceptable
- Flight itinerary and name of the Funeral Home in Haiti (if applicable)
- Consulate fees are: $160.00 (by Money Order/Credit Card)
For additional questions, please contact the Consular Office at (+886) (2) 838 4945.